Community members and new students are often introduced to transcenDANCE through our CONNECT programs.
CONNECT comprises three distinct programs: ongoing drop-in weekly afternoon and evening dance classes at our studios, community-based holistic dance residencies in collaboration with schools and service organizations, and professional performance residencies in community spaces.
CONNECT Programs that took place in 2019 include:
- Community residency at Our Safe Space in Chula Vista for young people who identify as LBGTQIA+.
- Community residency for youth and families living in temporary shelter at Golden Hall.
- Free community workshops at transcenDANCE’s studios taught by professional arts groups from around the world through USCD Art Power.
- Site-specific artist-in-residency project at ARTS DISTRICT Liberty Station featuring alumni of the CREATE Performing Group
- Pop-up performances at the Port of San Diego on the waterfront.