transcenDANCE programs are delivered through a unique three-tiered program model: CONNECT, CREATE, CONTRIBUTE that serves young people ages 7 – 24 years and their families.
Our CONNECT programs include:
- Year-round Dance Classes at our transcenDANCE Arts Center
- In-School Dance Residencies
- Community-Based Performance Residencies
- Outreach Performances
- Specialty Workshops for Youth and Families
- Performance Outings
Our CREATE is our flagship program. This is where we do our deepest and most holistic work. CREATE Includes:
- Junior and Teen Performance Group Programs (Summer and Oct – June)
- Thematic Curriculum to support Social Emotional Resiliency and Social Change
- Mental/Emotional Health Support through Individual Counseling Services and Group Work
- Formal Leadership Development and Life Skills Training
- College and Career Pathway Workshops and Support
- Express Camps in partnership with select schools during out-of-school time breaks
Our CONTRIBUTE program reaches young adults ages 19-24 years who are alumni of the CREATE program through:
- Paid Opportunities to serve in both Artistic and Administrative Roles
- Wellness Groups
- Mental/Emotional Health Support through Individual Counseling Services
- Paid Opportunities to Perform for Special Projects and Events
- Open Studio Hours at the transcenDANCE Arts Center
- Choreography Mentorship Projects and Teacher Training Mentorship
- One-one-One College and Career Coaching
- Board Member Seat Positions
All transcenDANCE Programs provide an outlet for self-expression that promotes creative problem-solving and wholeness. A primary need addressed by transcenDANCE is to provide a safe, creative, and supportive environment with adult mentorship and peer support through holistic programs and services.
Who do we serve?
San Diego County Young People ages 7-24 years with a targeted focus in Mid-City neighborhoods, Logan Heights, Southeast San Diego, Lemon Grove and Spring Valley communities.
How do I get my student/child involved?
- Register for a dance class at the transcenDANCE Arts Center
- Register for a Youth or Teen Performance Group Program
- Register for a Special Community Workshop
- Attend a performance
- Participate in a residency with their school class
For any other questions, please email email@example.com or call (619) 474-4903.